Polyphasic Sleeping in Ann Arbor

Hi, I'm Jeremy, a father of 3 and a computer programmer from Ann Arbor Michigan. I switched to a polyphasic sleeping schedule to try to deal with my obstructive sleep apnea more effectively. I started this blog to track my progress.

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Day 72 - Been a while since I posted.. NEW DEVELOPMENT

Since my last post I've been experiencing much the same inconsistent sleep I've documented for the entire project. On day 70 (Friday) that began to change.

I started taking a new vitamin supplement Thursday and found my energy level jump up. In fact it jumped so much that I had trouble getting to sleep after 4 hours. Also when I over-slept I would wake up alert rather than completely groggy and disoriented.

Due to some external factors my naps on Friday were off by quite a bit and I ended up skipping one 4 hour nap (which I think I've only done once or twice in the last 10 weeks). The amazing thing is I felt fine doing it. That led me to consider switching from a hexaphasic schedule (6 naps per day) to a quadraphasic schedule (4 naps per day). I figured that would give me more time per wake period to get tired. Instead of six 30 minute naps (3 hours of sleep a day) I'm sleeping 50 minutes every 6 hours (3.3 hours of sleep a day).

I started the quadraphasic schedule Saturday at 8:00am and I've been following it since without incident. It's still pretty early going I suppose but I don't have any of the symptoms of the hexaphasic transition so it's possible that I'll be able to avoid any problems completely. Well, at least that's what I hope :-) Can you believe I'm still optimistic about anything after 10 weeks of this? Heh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the supplement? I might be interested.

Tue Jun 06, 04:44:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home