Polyphasic Sleeping in Ann Arbor

Hi, I'm Jeremy, a father of 3 and a computer programmer from Ann Arbor Michigan. I switched to a polyphasic sleeping schedule to try to deal with my obstructive sleep apnea more effectively. I started this blog to track my progress.

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Day 41 - Interesting combination

I haven't analyzed the video yet, but I slept for 3+ hours last night with my CPAP after a particularly bad (in terms of apnea) nap. I woke up groggy and hazy as usual. I took my normal 8:30 nap afterwards and I feel fairly decent.

I'm going to stick with this current plan of using my CPAP anytime I feel like I need more sleep (for whatever reason) for a while. I'm thinking I may settle into a routine of a core sleep of 1-3 hours per day using the CPAP, and the rest of my sleep will be non-CPAP naps.

Since this is pretty different from what I expected when I decided to try the CPAP again (in a positive way), I'm going to blog more frequently again for the next week or two with the results. At least using this strategy I'll avoid apnea during any longer sleep periods. It really really sucked looking at a 4-6 hour sleep and seeing that I only got 1-2 hours of REST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home