Polyphasic Sleeping in Ann Arbor

Hi, I'm Jeremy, a father of 3 and a computer programmer from Ann Arbor Michigan. I switched to a polyphasic sleeping schedule to try to deal with my obstructive sleep apnea more effectively. I started this blog to track my progress.

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Day 58 - Two more perfect days

Friday and Saturday (days 56 and 57) both met the Perfect Day criteria. Today unfortunately I crashed again. I fell asleep for an hour watching a movie at 1am and took my 4:30am nap at 3:30am, but wound up sleeping until 5:30am.

I feel recovered from the night already, which is an improvement. Usually it takes 3 or 4 naps to recover from a bad night, it's only taken 2 today. I think I'm on my way to that perfect polyphasic week FINALLY.

Naps have been much more consistent since I started using the mouth guard/CPAP/chin strap combo. From the video evidence it looks like I'm adapting nicely to breathing through my nose. Rather than struggling to breathe through my mouth every few minutes, I'm breathing through my nose and my breathing is very regular. I also don't wake up feeling like I'm suffocating anymore (not a pleasant experience).

There are still occasional bad naps (usually where I roll on my back and manage to open my mouth) and they're still hell, but the frequency is decreasing. I think I had one bad nap during my two Perfect Days.

At this rate things will be great by day 100 ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Londradical said...

happy to inform you that my blog resumed activity. ciao

Thu May 25, 03:13:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home